Welcome to Chile, the market with the biggest CSP potential in 2013…
Much has been said about Chile´s renewable potential. More than 4GW of environmental permits have been granted. The Direct Normal Irradiation (DNI) is the highest in the world by far. The demand is continuous and flat and steadily increasing, particularly in the North of the country.
Nearly 100% of the energy in Chile is imported, which leaves the country vulnerable to price changes and supply chain issues. Furthermore, public opposition has recently managed to stop several fossil fuel projects.
As part of the research for CSP Today LATAM 2013 (July 2013); CSP Today has compiled all in-depth research with input with key experts in our new “CSP Today Guide - Chile”. This essential guide includes:
- The ins-and-outs of the electricity market & main opportunities for the CSP industry, so that you can plot your strategy of success in Chile
- Profiles of all of the CSP projects in Chile currently, including Pedro de Valdivia (PT 360MW), El Tesoro (PT 10MW), Mejillones (Fresnel 7MW) and Maria Elena (Tower, 400MW)
- Exclusive interview with Carlos Finat (ACERA), the Chilean renewable energy association on CSP’s potential there, as well as insider tips on conducting business in Chile
- Exclusive interview with Diego Lizana Rojas (Minera Doña Inés de Collahuasi)giving you the valuable mining perspective on how to successfully sign PPAs
- Exclusive interview with Rodrigo Escobar (Pontificia Universidad Católica of Chile), discussing on-the-ground results from meteorological stations of the solar resource of the North
- Exclusive interview with José Manuel Ramos (Ibereólica), with advice developing CSP projects successfully in Chile from the company with 760MW in the pipeline
Simply complete the form to the right and get the guide sent directly to your inbox.
I hope you find this guide useful, please do send me your comments