Leverage the U.S. achievements in constructing CSP plants to secure business at home and make big wins abroad
CSP Today USA 2014 is now entering its 8th year as the central meeting point for the U.S. Concentrated Solar Power industry. This is your chance to network with utilities, legislators, financiers, developers, EPCs and those at the cutting edge of technological development to define your future strategy.
Companies featuring at CSP Today USA 2014:
Utilities - PG&E, APS, NV Energy, SDG&E and SMUD
Developers - Abengoa, Brightsource and SolarReserve
Legislators - Department of Energy, California Energy Commission, Bureau of Land Management, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and Fish and Wildlife Service
Trade Experts - Export-Import Bank, Union Bank, Pricewaterhouse Coopers and more
This event will address in detail:
- Legislation - Clarify CSP’s future in the South-west through dialogue with utilities and regulators to plan your US strategy
- US success stories unravelled - Analyze the performance of the latest super plants and build a US blueprint for international success
- Cost - Battle the high cost of CSP through effective supply chain management and cutting-edge research to gain maximum ROI
- International markets - Navigate the maze of operating challenges in the lucrative MENA and South African markets to take your place in the next wave of international CSP projects
- Land and environmental issues - Understand the complexities of U.S. land permitting and environmental laws with a comprehensive guide from key officials to avoid costly mistakes
- Energy storage boom - Capitalize on the dispatchable value of CSP and what it means for your business through extended dialogue between regulators, utilities and the storage community
U.S. success in numbers
Capitalizing on your expertize
The U.S. has expertize that no other country has in the construction of utility scale concentrated solar. This is clearly established. CSP Today 2014 will be taking you on a three step journey in order to maximize this experience and set a definitive path for you to follow.
- Analyze this experience – you will be hearing from the developers, constructors, operators and utilities involved in the utility scale solar projects so you can scrutinize what has been done well, which complications were overcome and what unique skills have been gained
- Securing business at home – you will have an opportunity to share a dialogue with the broader electric power community and major national utilities. With storage such a hot issue the opportunity is now there for you to maximize recent successes and be part of the CSP momentum as a new wave of projects come about
- Use U.S. success as a springboard to sell the American model into new markets - With upwards of 100MW CSP plants only a feature in the U.S. you will hear from leading export financiers and experts in international markets so you have the knowledge to drive sales and boost profits
The participants at CSP Today USA were of the highest calibre, with real products ready for the market, and real projects ready to go in the ground.
The experts who are going to help propel your product to global acclaim
Take a look at our confirmed speaker line-up so far!
At CSP Today USA 2014 you will be mixing with high quality decision makers and people whose actions really matter to the future of CSP. You will be receiving cutting edge market insight from significant energy market movers and domestic and international financiers - quite simply miss it and run the risk of missing out on the impending major market movements.
- Douglas Schultz, Director of Loan Guarantee Origination, U.S. Department of Energy
- David Hochschild, Commissioner, California Energy Commission
- Donald Howerton, Director – Renewable Transactions, Pacific Gas & Electric
- Craig O’Connor, Director Renewable Investment, Export Import Bank
- Adam O’Malley, Director Office of Energy and Environmental Industries, International Trade Administration -Department of Commerce
- Kevin Smith, CEO, SolarReserve
- John Sterling, Director of Utility Programs and Planning, Solar Electric Power Association
- James Avery, Senior Vice President, San Diego Gas &Electric
- Barbara Doble, Manager Renewable Energy Procurement, NV Energy
- Brad Albert, General Manager Strategic Planning, Arizona Public Services
- Mitch Samuelian, Plant Manager Ivanpah, NRG Energy
CSP Today USA provided the best discussion of concentrated solar power technologies and issues I have ever seen.
Investigate the CSP super plants so you can seize on technical expertise and public profile to make future profits soar
American engineering has pioneered concentrated solar power to a point of global acclaim. With this acclaim comes demand and opportunities. Nowhere else in the world have the challenges and issues which go with constructing utility scale been confronted and overcome. This means the experience and established technologies the U.S. now possesses are ripe for export in a world grasping for limited engineering expertise
- Analyze feedback from the Ivanpah, Solana and Crescent Dunes projects to make sure you are maximizing limited technical experience
- Study unique logistical and supply chain detail so you can coordinate projects effectively and avoid unnecessary hold ups
- Hear exclusive feedback from PG&E, APS and NV energy who hold uniquely constructed PPA’s for the super plants so you can shape an effective U.S. strategy
- Understand how the public profile of CSP has been dramatically altered as a result of landmark projects paving the way for continual CSP development
As always, a very worthwhile and necessary event for the CSP professional
Converse with an industry first utility panel so you can hear what value CSP has to the end buyers and plan your future strategy
With all demand for power coming from major utilities it is only natural that the industry has been demanding a dialogue with major South Western utilities. CSP Today USA 2014 is proud to present a dedicated utility panel sharing a platform with the CSP community so you can finally have a firm guide to your market strategy
- Hear from Pacific Gas & Electric, NV Energy and APS who hold PPA’s for Ivanpah, Crescent Dunes and Solana respectively about the benefits which the storage value of CSP has had for them
- Listen to cutting edge feedback from SMUD's natural gas/CSP hybrid project
- Engage with major Californian utilities about how they plan to procure power in order to meet compulsory storage requirements
- Watch industry firsts shared presentations between leading utilities and major developers so you can observe the objectives of the power generation industry and the CSP industry fuse together
Your firm has done an outstanding job putting together great people!
Largo Concrete Inc
Seize on domestic regulatory initiatives to make sure your project pipeline is full
The program which made development of utility scale CSP possible is back and looking for new projects to support! Make sure you are at CSP Today USA 2014 as the Loan Guarantee program lets you know what they want in future applications. Learn from planning agencies as they set new initiatives for an easier route to notoriously tricky project planning
- Hear from the latest initiative from the Loan Guarantee Program as they look to fund new projects so you have an easy route to project funding
- Assess the BLM’s solar program initiative so you are able to mitigate time consuming and costly planning issues
- Break down the detail of public utility storage requirements so you are best placed to judge market direction and capitalize on new utility standards targets
Learn how the critical cost of the solar field can be driven down by efficient management and ingenious design
With over 65% of the cost of a large scale CSP plant being in the solar field driving down the installation costs are critical in CSP's bid to be cost competitive with other sources of energy generation. CSP Today USA is tackling the issue with innovative discussion on system optimization so you can continue to squeeze costs and maximize profits
- Hear from constructors involved in recent projects to discuss how experience can be taken and molded into more efficient future construction practices
- Learn how the complex construction and congestion which plagues CSP developments can be streamlined more a more efficient process which drives out wastage, improves speed and drives down cost
- Listen to the latest developments in component and panel design which will force up efficiency and force down cost
- Hear how ever higher operating efficiencies are being reached and how this translates into falling LCOE
Secure your company’s future with expert knowledge on how to finance and operate in new markets
CSP Today USA 2014 is offering participants the chance to use the event as a springboard to propel themselves into the unlimited potential of emerging markets by sharing a dialogue with experts in international finance and exporting renewable energy technologies
- Don’t miss out on the next CSP gold rush - converse with the Export Import Bank, Union Bank and the International Trade Administration who can let you know how to propel your product into emerging markets
- Assess information from major developers about their next moves in the global CSP markets so you can forge a fruitful international partnership
- Absorb information from IBM and Pricewaterhouse Coopers who are sharing their expertise on the potential perks and pitfalls of operating abroad - hear about the incentives but also the challenges of operating in unknown environments
- Observe those who have been part of the recent phenomenal success in the U.S. talk about their projects which the rest of the world is looking to act as a blueprint for utility scale solar worldwide. With the U.S. now positioned at the heart of the global CSP system analyse how this success can be replicated the world over
Meet with leading companies and develop relationships with potential customers in 2 networking packed days
CSP Today USA has been the industry's number one conference and annual meeting-place for 7 years in a row. Our 2014 event will be the most exciting yet bringing together major industry stakeholders to celebrate recent success and to help you evaluate your next industry move. The show will give you the opportunity to network and share knowledge with the pioneers and decision-makers in the CSP industry. This year’s event includes:
- 20+ hours of networking with top level executives from across the entire CSP value chain with extended networking coffee breaks and extended lunch.
- Dedicated networking zone so you can arrange and host private meetings outside the conference room, and take your time to have key conversations that will help you achieve your CSP business plan objectives
- Kick start your networking with 1 months access to the CSP Today online networking centre: Fill your conference diary before you set foot in Las Vegas and you will come back to the office with the knowledge and contacts to move your business forwards in 2014
- CSP Today Awards Party 2014 - The CSP Today Awards are granted to companies that have pioneered the industry and truly deserve an award for their great efforts on getting CSP further down the competitive route.
If you are seeking to position your company as a market leader at the forefront of future development both in and outside the U.S. then we look forward to seeing you at CSP Today USA 2014. This is a must attend event for anyone looking to mix with regulators, utilities and developers and looking to devise a strong strategy to secure business at home and drive exports abroad. To read more about how you can get involved in the event download the brochure.
CSP Today team was very helpful, friendly and organized
Young & Franklin
If you want to get involved in CSP Today USA 2014 or have any questions or further details you would like about the event please feel free to email or call me. I look forward to seeing some of you at the event next year and celebrating which has been an epochal year for American CSP.
Research & Project Manager
+44 (0) 207 3757206